Friday, March 13, 2009
English or Portuguese?
When we first arrived I wanted EVERYONE to be able to speak to me in English. Scared of making mistakes is a reality that we face on a daily basis. But today seemed different. As I was out and about I found myself wanting people to speak to me in Portuguese and NOT in English. No, I didn't understand all of it, but I was thankful to be able to understand enough to make it through the conversation! The language didn't seem so "foreign" to me. But what I am really thankful for- that the Father knows and understands all languages AND hearts and He doesn't make ANY mistakes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
There you go, one day you will suddenly realize that you aren't translating from Portuguese to English the back to speak. It happens all at once and you are so surprised.
ReplyDeleteHope today has been a good day.
I will be out ALL day tomorrow so I may try to get up with you on Sunday afternoon our time.
Love Mom
Hi Milams!! I just read about your mission to Portugal through the FBC Paris news letter that I receive online! Wow! What an adventure!! I skimmed through your blog and enjoyed it. I plan to keep up with your blog and will keep you in my prayers. God bless and keep you safe. Tammy Hobby
ReplyDeleteAndy and Michelle, It's good to see your blog, I have saved it in my favorites and I look forward to keeping in touch. God Bless you all. Jim B.
ReplyDelete