That means Veal Skewers and Cheese Rolled Inside
I must admit that one of the most frustrating things for me has been preparing meals. In the beginning it was due to a lack of kitchen equipment (1 small pot & 1 small pan) and learning to navigate the grocery stores. I have always enjoyed cooking, but never realized how much I depended on prepackaged mixes and canned items and how little I used fresh produce. Now that the crate has arrived and I have my trusty cast-iron skillet and my wok in hand, as well as a better knowledge of the grocery store, I have begun to attempt cooking some Portuguese dishes. Don't get me wrong, the pre-packaged stuff is great and we have a stash for those nights when I'm just not up to cooking and translating directions, but we do live here now and I need to attempt cooking with what is avaliable (and that is quite a bit). So tonight I attempted this veal dish. It is basically veal cutletts pounded flat with presunto and cheese rolled inside, drizzled with olive oil and then baked in the oven. All plates returned tot he kitchen clean, so I guess it gets a thumbs up.
Looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteSounds yummy to me!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait until you try the Chadice!!! I grew up on the stuff!
I want to come to supper. Nancy M
ReplyDeleteit does look good, if you find out how to make the soup we had quite a few times when we were there let me know and the chicken heart soup also
ReplyDeleteThat looks really good. Seems like you are learning super fast. =) I love presunto. (then again, who doesn't?)
ReplyDelete(Daniela)