Saturday, January 9, 2010

Saturday, January 9, 2010

For Today...Saturday, January 9

Outside my window... SUN!!!! finally after almost 2 weeks of rain and cold.

From the learning rooms…Andy & I have 3 weeks until our BIG one year language test. (Jan 26)

I am thankful for... routine. We enjoyed a wonderful Christmas holiday with friends and family, but I thrive on routine.

I am thinking … about the New Year, and what lies ahead after language school.

From the kitchen…we just enjoyed a delicious breakfast of Cracker Barrel pancakes (thanks to a Christmas box of treats)

I am wearing... still in my PJs – life is good!

I am reading… I just finished reading Watch Over Me by Christa Parrish and I have about 10 new books to read thanks to Christmas visitors.

I am hoping... that the sun stays for a few more days.

I am remembering … how much I miss snow – sounds like everyone back in the States has gotten snow.

I am praying... for direction as we finish language school and look ahead to moving and ministry in Porto.

Around the house... Quiet & calm. We have had a busy week getting back into the swing of school and we are enjoying a lazy day at home.

One of my favorite things from the past week…We went to the movies to see Old Dogs (with John Travolta & Robin WIlliams) last night and laughed so hard. It was a nice break and a great family time laughing together.

Pondering these words …Restlessness and impatience change nothing except our peace and joy. Peace does not dwell in outward things, but in the heart prepared to wait trustfully and quietly on Him who has all things safely in His hands. - Elisabeth Elliot

A few plans for the rest of the week... school, soccer and cleaning the house (sounds like fun, right?).

1 comment:

  1. don't watch Robin Williams's movie "World's Greatest Dad", it's horrible and disgusting. There is one word on the cover that describes it "twisted". If done very differently, could have been a half way good movie.

    ReplyDelete