As I think back to the converstaion that I had at the soccer field with my new friend, one thing keeps coming up in my mind. We discussed the fact that some people are in "friendships" because of what the friendship has to offer- money, fame, a better job, etc. Unfortunately, for my friends, I don't have ANY money for you. Sorry!! Hope that you knew that already!
But what I have to offer is the same that Peter offered in the New Testament. I didn't come to offer "silver and gold", but to share the truth about the ONE who can heal. Heal? Yes-first and foremost, He can and wants to heal our hearts. So, in a sense, I'm glad I don't have all those things such as money and fame to offer because they are only temporary. What Jesus has to offer is eternal. So, the next time someone asks- "what do you have to offer?"- I hope that your answer is the same as mine- Jesus.
Andy
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment