Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A Vivid Reminder

We live a little outside the city of Lisbon in an area that used to be farms and fields and there are still many signs for that lifestyle.  The other day as we were driving home, guess what we saw crossing the highway?

A shepherd and his flock and they were crossing in the crosswalk!




I must admit the last few weeks have been extremely stressful.  I have returned to full-time language classes (everyday), we have visa renewal  this week (which requires gathering endless documents), I am retaking my language test in 2 weeks, we are still trying to finalize our apartment hunt in Porto via telephone and internet, and then of course the normal everyday tasks (laundry and dishes are always waiting).  I was really beginning to have my own private pity party.  Then this vivid picture of the shepherd and his flock reminded me of the verse in Psalms 23:1  The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.   I just needed to refocus (that means focus on Him and not me) and let the Lord take care of the details.

God knows I am a visual person and I love it when He demonstrates His promises in such vivid ways.

2 comments:

  1. I do love this, God is good all the time, hang in there, this too will pass. Love you all, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new background. The door is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete