Thursday, November 25, 2010

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

It is hard to believe that today is Thanksgiving Day.  It just doesn't feel like it - no family meal of turkey with all the trimmings, no Macy's parade, no football and no black Friday sales.  In Portugal, today was just another day.  The boys went to school and we went about our daily lives.  However as I sit and reflect on the true meaning of Thanksgiving, it has nothing to do with the things mentioned above.  Sure those are all great traditions, and I assure you we do miss them greatly; but the real reason for me is to stop and take time to count my blessings.  Just like the song says:
"Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your many blessings, see what God hath done."

I am blessed beyond measure.
-I have a Heavenly Father who loves me absolutely and unconditionally.
-an awesome husband who loves me in spite of myself.
-2 amazing boys who have hung in there, adapted and matured more in 2 year than I could ever have imagined.
-an army of supportive family and friends in the States
-the opportunity to live, serve and experince life in an amazing country
-awesome friends all over the world
-the gift of the Good News that changed my life and the opportunity to share it will others
-the ability and grace to learn a new language and culture
-amazing encouraging colleagues

and the list could go on and on and on...

Don't forget to stop in the midst of your festivities today and give thanks for the many blessings in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment