Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year - New Look

Happy New Year ( a week late)!

I decided to try a new look for the new year.  I have become fascinated with doors, gates and passageways as I have snapped pictures of our adventures here in Portugal.  Each one is so unique and has a story all it's own. 

As of this week, we celebrated our one year anniversary in Portugal.  Can you believe it?  As I reflected on the last year I realized God has opened so many doors in our lives - new home, new friends, new language, new culture, new foods, re-newed dependance on Him and so much more.  Each door held a new adventure and each adventure has grown our faith in Him and strengthened us as a family.

These doors also caused me to reflect on our purpose here.  The Word says "to him who knocks, the door will be opened."  We are here to share that truth and walk alongside those we meet as they walk through that door.  Pray we will continue to be a shining light and lead the way to the door of New Life.

Here are a few pictures from our arrive one year ago - my how things have changed!


View from the plane


patiently waiting for suitcases


first meal we ordered all by ourselves
(or course it involved alot of pointing and sign-language)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary!

    I LOVE Doors and your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your photos of doors, gates, etc. I think I might have seen all three of these:)
    Loved the video on FB of Micah's MKRetreat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the new look and your reasoning for "doors". Also love the pictures from last year...congrats on surviving :) I can't believe our one year anniversary is right around the corner too :) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the new look. I like the doors, someone I know likes doors too. Nancy

    ReplyDelete